EHS | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist. The EHS Specialist will assist in managing EHS programs and Systems, provide support to the FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific site through day-to-day EHS tasks and site presence. The EHS Specialist ensures FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific site compliance with EHS policies and procedures. The person in this role will also assist the EHS Manager with implementing and enforcing new EHS programs and policies. The EHS Specialist is also responsible for day-to-day EHS compliance tasks for the site and for providing EHS support to internal customers.
- Data Entry of GGX, EtQ and other EHS related databases
- Track department-required permit information and ensure permit renewals are completed on time
- Maintain Emergency Response Team information and update as needed
- Maintain information for and coordinate CPR/AED/First Aid training
- Use provided data to create monthly OSHA Incident Report for Operations
- Track and communicate with employees regarding EHS trainings from the LMS website
- Assist with administering new EHS programs such as LOTO, Fall Protection, etc.
- Assist with coordinating completion of EHS projects
- Assist with administration of ongoing EHS programs such as prescription safety glasses, safety shoes, etc.
- Assist with and track employee requests for Ergonomic related equipment, as well as with conducting Ergonomic Assessments, as needed
- Assist with and track requests for hazard assessments, PPE assessments, etc. and document corrective actions
- Responsible for Incident Reporting and Management program documentation
- Coordinate occupational health screenings and ensure they are done on time each year, i.e., Respiratory Protection Program and Hearing Conservation Program
- Assist with and/or coordinate IH surveys
- Assist EHS Manager with twice annual facility evacuation drills, including planning, preparation and follow up
- Assist EHS Manager with departmental follow up regarding any EHS audit findings, projects or requirements
- Assist EHS Manager with auditing hazmat storage locations to ensure proper labeling and adherence to storage requirements
- Assist EHS Manager and Facilities department with Waste Management, First Aid Supplies, etc.
- Assist EHS Manager with coordinating Site Safety Committee meetings and maintain all related documentation
- Post new EHS related information signage as/where directed by EHS Manager
- Manage the Safety Observation Program for the site
- Conducting periodic “Safety Walks” around the facilities to encourage EHS compliance
- Participate in FUJIFILM EHS related meetings/trainings
- Assist EHS Manager with pulling relevant policies/procedures/documents, as requested
- Perform additional tasks, as assigned
- BS in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry or equivalent experience
- Environmental Health & Safety experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Investigative and problem solving skills with a compliance mindset
- Knowledge and understanding of EHS principles, policies, and procedures preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal and State regulations governing EHS and Product Compliance preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of EHS reporting requirements to federal, state, and local governing agencies preferred
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.