Director, Research & Development, Assisted Reproductive Technology
R&D | Santa Ana | CA
Provide management and leadership to achieve the Company’s objectives related to product research, development and support. Responsible for all activities relating to cell culture media technology, product development, technical support, or process improvements for the assisted reproductive technology business.
- Drive and direct the scientific research and development activities including discovery, evaluation, development, licensing of new products through the management of product or project teams.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects meeting their milestone measurements, performance specifications, production costs, development budget, and goal scheduling.
- Execute and support product launch, commercialization, enhancement planning, and implementation in alliance with marketing, operations, quality/regulatory, sales and international.
- Recruit and hire highly talented, motivated individuals with required current and future skills and abilities with an emphasis on achieving the diversity necessary to establish an effective team.
- Lead development of staff and the product development process for improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Represent R&D group across other departments communicating company objectives, inspiring scientific participation, brining solutions and resolving conflicts.
- Participate as an active member of the senior management team with responsibility for assisting the Executive and Senior Management in setting strategy and achieving the company’s goals and objectives in all areas consistent with the Irvine Scientific mission.
- Ph.D. in Developmental Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related life science discipline with more than 10 years of industrial product development experience, or relevant work experience.
- Successful track record of new product development and launch, from concept through pilot production, scale up and transfer to manufacturing.
- Hands on management and involvement in of aspects of an R&D organization’s day-to-day operations.
- Proven leadership and management ability, including strategic and analytical thinking, vision, market differentiation and business results required.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of Assisted Reproductive Technology including embryology, andrology, in vitro fertilization, and media development & optimization is required.
- Mentoring, coaching and teaching ability and orientation.
- People development, performance management and change management are necessary skills for success.
To Apply: Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Director, R&D ART 122718 in the subject line.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.