R&D | Santa Ana | CA
Provide management and leadership to achieve the Company’s objectives related to product research, development and support. Responsible for all activities relating to cell culture media technology, product development, technical support, or process improvements for the assisted reproductive technology and regenerative medicine business.
- Drive and direct the scientific research and development activities including discovery, evaluation, development, licensing of new products through the management of product or project teams.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects meeting their milestone measurements, performance specifications, production costs, development budget, and goal scheduling.
- Execute and support product launch, commercialization, enhancement planning, and implementation in alliance with marketing, operations, quality/regulatory, sales and international.
- Recruit and hire highly talented, motivated individuals with required current and future skills and abilities with an emphasis on achieving the diversity necessary to establish an effective team.
- Lead development of staff and the product development process for improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Represent R&D group across other departments communicating company objectives, inspiring scientific participation, brining solutions and resolving conflicts.
- Participate as an active member of the senior management team with responsibility for assisting the Executive and Senior Management in setting strategy and achieving the company’s goals and objectives in all areas consistent with the Irvine Scientific mission.
- Major in Molecular, Developmental & Cell Biology or related disciplines.
- Ph.D. with more than 10 years of productive and relevant industry work experience.
- Successful track record of new product development and launch, from concept through pilot production, scale up and transfer to manufacturing.
- Hands on management and involvement in of aspects of an R & D organization’s day-to-day operations.
- Proven leadership and management ability, including strategic and analytical thinking, vision, market differentiation and business results required.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects primary human cells/cell line and tissue culture, and media development & optimization.
- Experience on Assisted Reproductive Technology is a plus.
- Mentoring, coaching and teaching ability and orientation.
- People development, performance management and change management are necessary skills for success
To Apply: Please send resume with salary history to: IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put DRD 022417 in the subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.