Accounting | Santa Ana | CA
We are seeking an individual to function as the company’s primary source of expertise in finance and accounting and oversees the overall FISI accounting policies and guidelines under which these functions use.
- Responsibilities include all fiscal period close processes, financial reporting, financial systems maintenance, internal controls and regulatory compliance procedures, tax reporting, and integration of all corporate controllership initiatives. Recruiting, training, motivating and leading staff in the execution of assigned duties.
- Month/Quarter/Year End Close & Financial Reporting
- General controllership responsibilities for producing timely, accurate, and GAAP compliant financial results for all fiscal periods.
- Ensure completion of all required reports/schedules, both internal (DIVA) and regulatory.
- Oversee all reconciliations and audit support.
- Budgeting/Forecast and Variance Analyses Support.
- Assist with various areas of budget and forecast development, including balance sheet, cash flows, and other areas.
- Support variance analyses of actual versus budget/forecast/prior year.
- Internal Controls/Policies & Procedures .
- Provide leadership to organization on all areas of accounting policy, maintain internal controls, and manage fiduciary processes and procedures. Analyze whether manufacturing costs consisting of a large number of raw materials, fixed costs and overhead are correctly allocated to individual products.
- Management/Staff Development.
- Supervise and develop staff.
- Establish priorities.
- Ensure staff is completing required functions and developing their technical and professional skills.
- Liaise with key stakeholders.
- Be recognized and established functional expert on all controllership activities and GAAP accounting requirements.
- Other (Systems support, special projects, issues resolution).
- Provide leadership/management for a variety of ad hoc initiatives, including but not limited to financial systems improvements, process enhancements, accounting structures for new business models and relationships, reconciliation diagnostics, and the like.
- B.A. in Finance or Accounting or equivalent and Certified Public Accountant.
- Business degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 7+ years experience in Accounting.
- Experience in complex, multi-variable and multi-national business.
- Experience managing all areas of P&L and Balance Sheet accounting.
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting/variance analysis.
- Experience in cost system in custom made manufacturing which is manufactured by cost consisting of a large number of raw materials, fixed costs and overhead.
- Supervisory Experience.
- A capacity for rendering mature business decisions and judgments.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong analytical abilities and results orientation.
- Proficiency in Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), with demonstrated expertise in complex Excel-based financial modeling.
- SAP or strong systems experience.
- Proficient in active communication and solid interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, project/task management experience and cross-functional coordination skills.
To Apply: Please send resume to: email@example.com. Please put Corporate Controller 110718 in the subject line.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.