Buyer – Supply Chain
Manufacturing | Santa Ana | CA
We are seeking an individual to be responsible for procurement of raw materials and services for Irvine Scientific.
- Maintain supplier item details on raw material specifications
- Handles assessment of supplier change notification
- Assign part numbers for new raw materials
- Place orders for both inventory and non-inventory items
- Obtain supplier commitments and documentations and follow through until product is received
- Maintain quotations and aging orders
- Negotiate/Track department cost savings
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum a High School diploma.
- Preferred a Bachelor Degree with concentration in Supply Chain, Operations, Mathematics, Economics, Purchasing, or related science or finance industry.
- 3-4 years of successful purchasing or buying experience. Experience in biotechnical area preferred, cGMP environment a plus.
- Solid experience in managing multiple priorities in a mission critical environment.
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data.
- Certification is Purchasing is preferred.
- Previous planning experience is preferred.
- Full understanding of purchasing and sourcing procedures and practices is ideal.
- Knowledge of ERP and/or inventory control systems.
- Good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
To Apply: Please send resume with salary history to: IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put BUY 100417 in the subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.