Corporate | Santa Ana | CA
We are seeking an individual to handle purchase requisition for both direct and indirect materials. Responsible for procurement of raw materials and services for FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific.
- Formulates liquid and / or Diagnostic components per manufacturing protocols which includes weighing of solids and or liquids, utilizing various scale equipment in addition to operating mixing or equipment.
- Maintain supplier item details on raw material specifications.
- Handles assessment of supplier change notification.
- Assign part numbers for new raw materials.
- Place orders for both inventory and non-inventory items.
- Obtain supplier commitments and documentations and follow through until product is received.
- Maintain quotations and aging orders.
- Negotiate/Track department cost savings.
- Preferred a Bachelor Degree with concentration in Supply Chain, Operations, Mathematics, Economics, Purchasing, or related science or finance industry.
- 3-4 years of successful purchasing or buying experience. Experience in biotechnical area preferred, cGMP environment a plus.
- Solid experience in managing multiple priorities in a mission critical environment.
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data.
- Certification is Purchasing is preferred.
- Previous planning experience is preferred.
- Full understanding of purchasing and sourcing procedures and practices is ideal.
- Knowledge of ERP and/or inventory control systems.
- Good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Ability to speak, read, and write English. Good oral and written communication skills.
To Apply: Please send resume to: email@example.com. Please put Buyer I 012119 in the subject line.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.