Purchasing/Procurement | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring for a Buyer. The Buyer will be responsible for procurement of raw materials and services for FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific. This role will handle purchase requisitions for both direct and indirect materials.
- Maintain supplier item details on raw material specifications
- Handle assessment of supplier change notification
- Assign part numbers for new raw materials
- Place orders for both inventory and non-inventory items
- Obtain supplier commitments and documentations and follow through until product is received
- Maintain quotations and aging orders
- Negotiate/Track department cost savings
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Supply Chain, Operations, Mathematics, Economics, Purchasing, or related science or finance industry preferred
- 3-4 years of successful purchasing or buying experience - experience in biotechnical area preferred, cGMP environment a plus
- Solid experience in managing multiple priorities in a mission critical environment
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data
- Certification in Purchasing is preferred
- Previous planning experience is preferred
- Full understanding of purchasing and sourcing procedures and practices is ideal
- Knowledge of ERP and/or inventory control systems
- Good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.