Associate Product Manager - ART
Marketing | Santa Ana | CA
Basic function of the job:
Develops, promotes and implements plans to market products so that business goals are achieved.
- Recommending product modifications or improvements based on market research, sales personnel and market feedback.
- Tracking and analyzing product sales and trends.
- Tracking launch campaigns for new products.
- Creating materials for sales training and sales meetings. Carrying out assigned new product training; performing training in conjunction with R&D as appropriate for new staff, distributors, etc.
- Carrying out new product launch activities in assigned product areas (e.g., forecasting, press releases, direct mail, sales force and distributor training and related activities).
- Gathering competitive intelligence as assigned; implementing tactics to build competitive barriers.
- Providing technical support via email, telephone and customer visits.
- Supporting the Marketing Manager as required.
- Implementing assigned tactics for assigned product areas (e.g., direct mail, advertising, trade shows, and related activities).
- Assisting in the development of product forecasting- planning, products to assure timely response to marketplace demands.
- Facilitates the day to day management of business initiatives in the appropriate markets.
- BS/BA degree in Biology, Chemistry or Marketing. MBA preferred.
- Marketing background and/or sales experience in a medical device, life sciences or related industry is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a position in a marketing or sales environment with good level of sales and marketing techniques in a technical environment.
- Must be a creative thinker.
- Good cognitive/analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain and project a positive attitude, especially during difficult situations.
- Requires the skill to work as part of a focused team over extended periods of time.
- Must have excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
- Must have proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, and Manufacturing.
To Apply: Please send resume with salary history to: IS_HR@irvinesci.com. Please put APM 102717 in the subject line.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer.