Associate Director, Tactical Marketing and Branding
Marketing | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring an Associate Director, Tactical Marketing and Branding. The Associate Director will lead, plan, develop, organize and implement global marketing strategies, initiatives, and tactical programs for the company’s Bioproduction and Cell and Gene Therapy portfolio of products, services and capabilities. This person will also lead the brand strategy and execution for the Bioproduction and Cell and Gene therapy segments. This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel, and is responsible for direct line management of product and marketing managers. The Associate Director will develop and lead brand strategy and execution to improve Fujifilm Irvine Scientific’s brand value and reputation in the Bioproduction and Cell and Gene Therapy segments. Effectiveness in this role requires the ability to clearly communicate and influence Fujifilm Irvine Scientific’s product development and marketing plans, and knowledge of the target market, market expectations, and requirements for developing, promoting and selling products to such market.
This person will develop and manage a portfolio of on-market and new products. The Associate Director will be responsible for development of product strategy, product definition, positioning, and product lifecycle management. The person in this role will develop global strategies and tactics for dealing with the opportunities and threats in the assigned primary markets to ensure increased market share for all of Fujifilm Irvine Scientific’s products. The Associate Director will also identify, evaluate, justify and recommend the development of products to improve product line in the market. The position requires creativity in developing plans and strategies that enhance market share, comprehensive understanding of various marketing techniques, and their applicability to various customer segments.
- Recommend product modifications or improvements based on market research, sales personnel and market feedback
- Manage marketing, product and product line managers
- Develop and lead brand strategy and execution to improve Fujifilm Irvine Scientific’s brand value and reputation in the Bioproduction and Cell and Gene Therapy segments
- Develop metrics to evaluate performance of brand strategy
- Formulate and recommend product & service pricing, including published price list, custom pricing, special customer pricing and distributor pricing
- Travel and represent Fujifilm Irvine Scientific at tradeshows and customer sites
- Analyze sales and profit performance of assigned product & service areas, assess effects of promotions and provide reports to management; based on such analyses, recommend enhancements to promotional efforts
- Manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Responsible for maintenance and growth of gross profit for the Product Lines
- Develop new creative marketing programs, strategies and tactics to ensure that all sales channels are maximizing opportunities to position product lines to achieve business objectives
- Input fully characterized justifications on new product ideas
- Carry out market assessments for proposed products
- Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, manage product launches and sales training
- Propose opportunities for line extensions and ancillary products for product lines
- Develop business proposals, assess impact on worldwide markets for short and long-term strategies, short and long-term market forecasts, customer requirements, proposed pricing, financial and strategic impact on overall Fujifilm Irvine Scientific business objectives
- Develop and implement long range and short-range marketing plans that will capitalize on opportunities for new and existing products including objectives, strategy and pricing recommendation
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or Marketing; MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience with Marketing background
- Supervisory experience
- Product Development experience or equivalent
- Product Management experience
- Brand Strategy and Execution experience
- Working knowledge of market conditions, economic environment, and competitive landscape
- Brand strategy, measurement and execution principles
- Must have excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques
- Must have experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.