Assistant Product Manager
Marketing | Santa Ana | CA
We are hiring for an Assistant Product Manager for Industrial Cell Culture. The Assistant Product Manager develops, promotes and implements plans to market assigned products so that business goals are achieved, and supports assigned product line(s). This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business and customer focus are essential.
- Implements assigned tactics for assigned product areas (e.g., direct mail, advertising, trade shows, and related activities)
- Creates materials for sales training and sales meetings in product areas
- Carries out assigned new product training; performs training in conjunction with R&D as appropriate
- Inputs fully characterized justifications on new product ideas. Carries out market assessments for proposed products
- Carries out new product launch activities in assigned product areas (e.g., forecasting, press releases, direct mail, sales force and distributor training and related activities)
- Analyzes sales and profit performance of assigned product areas, assesses effects of promotions and provides reports to management; based on such analyses, recommends enhancements to promotional efforts
- Represents department in assigned interdepartmental projects
- Gathers competitive intelligence as assigned; implements tactics to build competitive barriers
- Forecasts product volumes to be manufactured
- B.S. in a Life Science; MBA or Medical Technology degree would be a decided plus
- 2+ years of experience as Technical or Product Specialist in medical device, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology industry
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing or sales environment
- Technical background and/or sales experience appropriate to the specific needs of the product line
- Good cognitive/analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Marketing basics
- Requires the skill to work as part of a focused team over extended periods of time
Principals only. No recruiters please.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.